Whats New at The HBREL?
- Bee College Keynote Speakers announced here.
- Caribbean Bee College travel info posted here.
- October-December Melitto Files is available here.
- 2015 4-H Essay Competition announced here.
The HBREL's Mission
...is to improve the health and productivity of honey bee colonies in Florida and globally by investing in research projects focusing on honey bee husbandry, ecology, behavior, and conservation. We also maintain an active research program focused on native pollinator ecology and conservation. The results from our research programs are communicated to clientele groups via targeted and multi-faceted extension efforts, thereby enhancing the sustainability of beekeeping and native pollinators and the agricultural/ ecological communities both support. Finally, undergraduate and graduate students can receive mentoring, training, and instruction in many areas related to honey bee and native pollinator research, thus ensuring a future generation of educators, researchers, conservationists and more.
Honey Bee Lab Staff
Dr. Jamie Ellis
Assoc. Professor of Entomology
- African Honey Bee Extension & Education Program (AFBEE) - bee removal resources
- Florida State Beekeepers Association
- eXtension.org's Honey Bee Health Page
- EDIS (Electronic Data Information Source): search for honey bee related articles
- HBREL's youtube channel
- Opportunities at HBREL
- Request a Master Beekeeper
- HBREL's eventbrite registration page