- Ph.D. in Entomology, Pennsylvania State University, 1989
- M.S. in Entomology, University of Florida, 1984
- B.S. in Biology, Lock Haven University, 1981
- August 2015 - Present. Chair, Department of Entomology and Nematology, University of Florida.
- April 2008 – August 2015. Charles Bessey Professor, University of Nebraska-Lincoln.
- July 1999 – August 2015. Professor, University of Nebraska-Lincoln, Insecticide Toxicology.
- July 1995 - 1999. Associate Professor, University of Nebraska-Lincoln, Insecticide Toxicology.
- July 1990 - June 1995. Assistant Professor, University of Nebraska-Lincoln, Insecticide Toxicology.
- January 1989 - July 1990. Postdoctoral Research Associate, Cornell University, Department of Entomology. Evolution and Management of insecticide resistance in the German cockroach. Supervisor: J.G. Scott.
- August 1985 - December 1988. Graduate Research Assistant, Pennsylvania State University, Department of Entomology. Toxicology and range expansion of the western corn rootworm. Major Professor: C.A. Mullin.
- January - July 1985. Research Assistant, University of Florida, Entomology and Nematology Department. Biological control of aquatic weeds.
- January - December 1984. Research Associate, University of Florida, School of Forestry, Natural Resources and Conservation. Vector relationships of the pinewood nematode and southern pine sawyer beetles.
- August 1981 - December 1984. Graduate Research Assistant, University of Florida, Entomology and Nematology Department. Chemical ecology of the black turpentine beetle. Major Professor: J. L. Nation.
- August 1981 - May 1982. Research Assistant, Department of Entomology and Nematology, University of Florida. Preparation of database for immigrant insects of North America.
- Enders, L., R. Bickel, J. Brisson, T. Heng-Moss, B.D. Siegfried, A. Zera, and N. Miller. 2014. Soybean aphid (Hemiptera: Aphididae) response to soybean plant defense: Stress levels, tradeoffs and cross-resistance. Environ. Entomol. 43: 47-57
- Siegfried, B.D., M. Rangasamy, H. Wang, C.V. Haridas, B. Tenhumburg, D. Sumerford. 2014. Estimating the frequency of Cry1F resistance in field populations of the European corn borer (Lepidoptera: Crambidae). Pest Manag. Sci. 70: 725-33.
- Euyn, S., H. Wang, Y. Pauchet, R.H. ffrench-Constant, E.N. Moriyama, and B.D. Siegfried. Molecular evolution of glycoside hydrolase genes in the western corn rootworm. 2014. PLoS ONE 9: e94052. doi: 10.1371/journal.pone.0094052.
- Petzhold-Maxwell, J., B.D. Siegfried, R.L. Hellmich, C.A. Abel, B.S. Coates, T.A. Spencer, and A.J. Gassmann. 2014. Efffect of maize lines on fitness costs of Cry1F resistance in the European corn borer. J. Econ. Entomol. 107: 764-772.
- Velez, A.M., T.M. Spencer, A.P. Alves, A.L.B. Crespo, and B.D. Siegfried. 2014. Fitness costs of Cry1F resistance in fall armyworm, Spodoptera frugiperda. J. Appl. Entomol. 138: 315-325.
- Valencia, A., H. Wang, and B.D. Siegfried. 2014. Expression and characterization of a recombinant endoglucanase from the western corn rootworm, Diabrotica virgifera virgifera in Pichia pastoris. J. Insect Sci. 14(242). DOI: 10.1093/jisesa/ieu104
- Kirsch, R., L. Gramzow, G. Thiessen, B.D. Siegfried, R.H. ffrench-Constant, D.G. Heckel, Y. Pauchet. 2014. Horizontal gene transfer and functional diversification of plant cell wall degrading polygalacturonases: key events in the evolution of herbivory in Beetles. Insect Biochem. Molec. Biol. 52: 33-50.
- Stamm, M.D., L.S. Enders, T.J. Donze-Reiner, F.P. Baxendale, B.D. Siegfried, and T.M. Heng-Moss. 2014. Transcriptional response of soybean to thiamthoxam seed treatment in the presence and absence of moisture. BMC Genomics. 15: 1055. DOI: 10.1186/1471-2164-15-1055.
- Rodrigues, T.B., C. Kahjuria, H. Wang, N. Matz, D.C. Cardoso, and B.D. Siegfried. 2014. Validation of reference housekeeping genes for gene expression studies in the western corn rootworm (Diabrotica virgifera virgifera). PLoS One 9(10):e109825. doi: 10.1371/journal.pone.0109825.
- Enders, L.S., R.D. Bickel, J.A. Brisson, T.M. Heng-Moss, R. Nandakumar, B.D. Siegfried, A.J. Zera, and B.D. Siegfried. 2015. Transcriptomic and proteomic insights into the stress responses of aphids. Genes, Genom., Genet. 23: 261-270.
- Coates, B.S. and B.D. Siegfried. 2015. Linkage of an ABCC transporter to a single QTL that controls Ostrinia nubilalis larval resistance to the Bacillus thuringiensis Cry1Fa toxin. Insect Biochem. Molec. Biol. 63: 85-96.
- Pan, H., X. Yang, K. Bidne, R.L. Hellmich, B.D. Siegfried, and X. Zhou. 2015. Selection of reference genes for expression analysis in the monarch butterfly, Danaus plexippus (L.), a migrating eco-indicator. PLoS One 10(6):e0129482.
- Li, H., C. Khajuria, M. Rangasamy, P. Gandra, M. Fitter, C. Geng, A. Woosely, J. Hasler, G. Schulengberg, S. Worden, R. McEwan, C, Evans, B.D. Siegfried, and K.P. Narva, K.P. Long dsRNA but not siRNA initiates RNAi in western corn rootworm larvae and adult beetles. 2015. J. Appl. Entomol. 139: 432-445.
- E.M. Ingram, J. Augustin, M.D. Ellis, and B.D. Siegfried. 2015. Evaluating sub-lethal effects of orchard-applied pyrethroids using video-tracking software to quantify honey bee behaviors. Chemosphere. 135: 272-277.
- Nanoth Vellichirammal, N., H. Wang, S. Eyun, E.N. Moriyama, B.S. Coates, N.J. Miller and B.D. Siegfried. 2015. Transcriptional analysis of susceptible and resistant European corn borer strains and their response to Cry1F protoxin. BCM Genomics 16:558. doi: 10.1186/s12864-015-1751-6.
- Pan, H., Z Yang, B.D. Siegfried, and X., Zhou. 2015. A comprehensive selection of housekeeping genes for qRT-PCR analysis in a predatory biological control agent, Hippodamia convergens (Coleoptera: Coccinellidae). PLoS One 10(4):e0125868. doi: v10.1371/journal.pone.0125868.
- Chu, C., J.A. Zavala, J.L. Spencer, M.J. Curzi, C.Fields, J. Drnevich, B.D. Siegfried, and M.J. Seufferheld. 2015. Patterns of differential gene expression an adult rotation-resistant and wild western corn rootworm digestive tracts. Evol. Appl. 8: 692-704.
- Khajuria, C., A.M. Velez, H. Wang, E.Fishilevich, M.L. Frey, N. Carneiro, P. Gandra, K.P. Narva. and B.D. Siegfried. 2015. Parental RNA Interference of genes involved in embryonic development of the western corn rootworm, Diabrotica virgifera virgifera LeConte. Insect Biochem. Molec. Biol. 63L 54-62.